Lady Gaga: “Born This Way” Release Friday
Get all of your Web surfing done before Friday.
When 2011 rolled around, Lady Gaga promised a special announcement via means of social networking – “THE SONG 2 13 11 THE RECORD 5 23 11″. And with that the countdown was on – only for the initial release date to be changed from Sunday 2/13 to this Friday, 2/11.
Some say the reason for this is to mark the anniversary of fashion designer Alexander McQueen’s death, which was announced on February 11, 2010. Others say the reason is because she’ll be performing the single at the 53rd Grammy Awards this Sunday, February 13th. Still others claim that both are viable reasons as to why the date would be pushed forward, and soon…as for us, we plead the fifth unless pursued and tackled, but as always choose to make note of thoughtful interpretations.
However, what we’re personally interested in is the aftermath of the “Born This Way” release, which will likely include one or all of the following:
- The Internet will break — especially, especially Twitter. Ka-boom.
- Many will come out of the woodwork either to praise or criticize the song. Duh.
- The ones that love her (correction: her Little Monsters) will be joined by some who used to ‘not love’ her (since hate is so strong a term);
- The ones that used to love her will join the ones who either can’t stand her or don’t know what to make of her.
- (Or the highly unlikely) No one will have an opinion, at all. Kind of a stretch, yeah, since everyone has an opinion on something. Why else would you be reading this?
All in all, a loaded potential turn of events. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of the world? Absolutely not. But it doesn’t mean it will be any less fun to watch.